We know prices of raw materials have gone up. The dealer price for this car will be Rupees one lakh! Because a promise is a promise!
Ratan Tata kept his promise of the 1 lac car and the people’s car was released as Tata Nano
– looks really good (personal opinion :-)
– 624cc engine developing 33bhp with four speed manual gear
– more than 20kmpl (claims 20 kmpl in city and 26 kmpl on highway)
– 8% smaller than maruti 800 (bumper to bumper), 21% bigger internal volume
– deluxe edition to have air-conditioning, standard won’t have it
– passed the full-frontal crash and the side impact crash
– meets bharat 3 (euro 4 as well)
– no power steering
– no airbags
Overall, this car looks interesting. Sure enough, I would have loved to see air-conditioning, power steering, power windows, central locking, ABS, air-bags and all other features in this cute package (yeah the car looks really cool to me), but that would not have been possible at the price point. At an on-road price close to 1,20,000 this car should be good value for money and I suspect good news to all those planning to upgrade from a two wheeler.