Bangalore was today hit by nine serial bomb blasts at crowded locations on a stretch from Brigade Road to Hosur Road, leaving at least two people dead and 20 wounded. Times of India has a (slightly out of date) map of blast sites here.
– 1320 IST (1:20 PM) Madiwala bus depot
– 1325 IST (1:25 PM) Mysore road (Nayandahalli)
– 1340 IST (1:40 PM) Adugudi
– 1410 IST (2:10 PM) Koramangla
– 1425 IST (2:25 PM) Vittal Mallaya road
– 1435 IST (2:35 PM) Langford Town
– 1445 IST (2:40 PM) Richmond Town
– 1730 IST (5:30 PM) Mysore Road (near Gopalan Mall)
– 1830 IST (6:30 PM) Mysore Road (near R V Engineering College)
Sachin Uppal who was at the scene says:
The scene was busy with people getting anxious and asking what’s going on, however I have not see anything in particular. It was all filled with Police men trying to sort out the chaotic traffic and managing people.
The injured have been admitted to St John’s and Mallya hospitals. The helpline phone number is (+91) 80 4031 2706
Phone networks are jammed so please be patient when trying to reach your near and dear ones. As of now there are conflicting reports about the number of blasts and the death count. Police maintains that there were 6 blasts and one dead; but the home ministry talks of 8 blasts and two dead; and most of the media is reporting 7 blasts with one death.
Posted under: City Life , Bangalore
Tagged with: Bangalore, Bomb Blasts, Terror Attacks